As women, we spend a lot of time cleansing, toning, moisturising to ensure our skin remains clean and fresh as we age. But what about our precious makeup tools? It’s easy to forget that they need a little love too!
In this era of reducing exposure to germs and bacteria through practising good hygiene, we recommend you give those brushes a good clean once a week to ensure they remain not only clean, but in optimum condition. The most effective way to do this, is to use a baby shampoo or a gentle soap and warm water. You don’t need to bother with expensive brush detergents; just stick with the using what you already have, and you’ll get the same result.
- Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water, rinsing out all of the residual makeup.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and a little shampoo or soap, and gently swirl your brush tip in the water. You can also swirl the brush in the palm of your hand to work up a lather.
- Rinse the brush tip under running water once again, then repeat steps two and three until the water runs clear from the brush.
- Finally, use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go.
- Important drying tip – remember to place the brush on a flat surface to air dry rather than standing them up as the water will run down the handle of the brush and could cause the brush head to become loose over time.
Simple as that! If you take the time to clean your tools weekly, you’ll not only be avoiding a build-up of of makeup, oil, dirt, and bacteria, but you’ll keep those brushes as good as new.
Please reach out to us anytime if you require further information about our range of tools, or about any of our products. Take care of yourself in these unusual circumstances and remember, you are forever beautiful.